Ocho Rios Exclusive Dunn's Falls and Area Highlights
- Take a thrilling climb to the iconic Dunn's Falls, a 600-feet waterfall, in an exclusive small-group setting
- Venture through the lush Fern Gully rainforest, renowned for its unique biodiversity and array of fern species
- Take in the panoramic views of Ocho Rios and the Caribbean Sea from the stunning Shaw Park Lookout
- Immerse yourself in local culture at Spice Mountain village, with a chance to purchase authentic local spices
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll through Ocho Rios' local shops before a comfortable return to your cruise ship
Exclusive Ocho Rios Dunn's River Falls and Area Highlights
Escape the large cruise ship tours on this exclusive small-group excursion to the famous Dunn's Falls and the many highlights of
Dunn's Falls is roughly 600 feet above sea level, with beautiful crystal-clear water running down the mountain into the ocean. It takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes to climb up the mountain. There are places along the way where you can slide down into pools of water, take a swim and climb again. For those who wish to stop climbing, there are multiple points where you can leave the falls and walk on the adjacent path. There are local "guides" at the falls who will lead you up. These guides are separate from your Ocho Rios Falls tour and will expect a gratuity when you reach the top.
Next, you will depart for your tour of the highlights around Ocho Rios, which includes a drive-through Fern Gully. Once a river bed, Fern Gully is now a rainforest known for its incredible biodiversity and is home to many different species of ferns, which you will see on both sides of the roadway. Your first stop will be Shaw Park Lookout. From this lookout, you can see across the lush 25 acres of tropical foliage in the garden (the garden itself is not visited on this tour) to the town of Ocho Rios and the beautiful Caribbean in the distance. You will also have an up-close look at a Banyan Tree that is over 200 years old.
You will drive to the village of Spice Mountain, where you will see how some of the locals live. Your driver will stop at a spice shack where you can purchase some of the local spices. Finally, you will head down through Ocho Rios where you can stroll through local shops before returning to your ship.