Highlights and Jet Boat
- Experience a thrilling jet boat ride through the shifting streams of Waimakariri River, on this Highlights and Jet Boat tour.
- View the Little River, Lakes Forsyth and Ellesmere, Southern Alps, and Canterbury Plains on your journey from Akaroa Harbor to Christchurch.
- Get an intimate look at Christchurch's city center, witnessing both the destruction from two earthquakes and the ongoing rebuild.
- Enjoy time exploring the beautiful Christchurch Botanical Gardens, a vital stop on your unforgettable adventure.
- Book now to avoid disappointment, our top-rated, best-price tour sells out fast. Enjoy our return-to-ship and satisfaction guarantees.
Departing from Akaroa, drive through the picturesque Banks Peninsula to Christchurch. You will travel via the Akaroa Highway with breathtaking scenery of Akaroa Harbour, Little River, Lakes Forsyth and Ellesmere, the Southern Alps and the Canterbury Plains.
Arrive at the Christchurch Botanical Gardens where you will have some time to explore. Following this stop, your driver will take you on a brief sightseeing tour highlighting the city landmarks and the city center. This area was badly damaged by two earthquakes in 2010 and 2011, see for yourself both the destruction of the central city and the rebuild that is taking place.
Following your city highlights tour, drive north to the Waimakariri River. On your thrilling 30-minute jet boat ride, your driver will speed and spin in waters that are sometimes only centimeters deep. Experience the excitement of jet-boating through shallow, shifting, and ever-changing courses of shingle bottom streams.
You will then return to Akaroa and the pier area on a comfortable and scenic drive where your ship is waiting.