Highlights of Ketchikan from Ward Cove
- Surround yourself with the spectacular beauty of Ketchikan on a tour unveiling its snow-capped mountains, waterfalls, and rich wildlife
- Dive into the city's history with a drive by the many salmon canneries, learning about the local industry, and tasting delicious, local salmon samples
- Explore the Saxman Native village, home to the largest collection of standing totem poles, and discover their stories
- Witness humpback and orca whales at scenic Rotary Beach and glimpse seals, herons, and even bears at Herring Cove
- Book now to secure your place on this unforgettable tour, with satisfaction and return-to-ship guarantees
Highlights of Ketchikan Tour
Ketchikan, Alaska, is a small city that directly faces the famous Inside Passage, known as a popular cruise destination. It is the state's south-eastern-most town and is known for its many Native American totem poles on display throughout the vicinity. You can experience snow capped mountains, salmon spawning streams, waterfalls and rich wildlife including bald eagles and black bears.
Your day of discovery into this charming city starts with a short Ketchikan city tour where you will drive by some of the area's many salmon canneries and learn about the salmon industry. From town you will make your way to the Eagle Point Education Center. Here you will have the opportunity to see eagles in their natural setting and see a native carver working on a totem pole. While here you will also be provided the opportunity to try delicious, local salmon samples.
After eagle point you will travel to Saxman Native village where you will be greeted by the largest collection of standing totems in one location. Walk through the 25 replicas of original Native Alaskan totem poles and observe the artistic carvings revealing stories of the people and legends of the past.
From here continue to scenic Rotary Beach. Make a brief stop to check for whales and other wildlife that may be spotted in the area. This beach is popular with the locals and it's easy to see why with the great opportunities to see humpback and orca whales as they migrate through Nicolas Passage.
After that it's off to Herring Cove for an excellent chance to view the areas majestic bald eagles, seals, heron and even bears at times, not to mention thousands of salmon returning to the place of their birth upstream!
Your tour will stop last at one of the area's cascading and beautiful waterfalls for picture opportunities before your comfortable return trip back to the pier area and your ship.
Your visit to Ketchikan will most certainly be one to remember when you book this tour. For those who love nature and animals you don't want to miss out, book now!
Please Note: Restrooms available at Rotary Beach, Saxman Village and Herring Cove. Also, please be advised wildlife sightings cannot be guaranteed.