Inside Passage Sea Kayaking
- Experience the breathtaking landscapes of Skagway with our unforgettable Inside Passage Sea Kayaking tour.
- Enjoy an exhilarating 45-minute scenic, narrated ride to Haines aboard the Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry.
- Make the most of your kayak adventure with our expert guides, exploring stunning ocean paddles, wildlife encounters, and amazing geography.
- Indulge in a refreshing, picnic-style lunch on a remote beach in the beautiful Alaska wilderness.
- Benefit from our industry-leading guarantees, ensuring your complete satisfaction and a seamless return to your cruise ship. Book now!
Inside Passage Sea Kayaking Shore Excursion
On this invigorating tour from Skagway, travel to Haines and kayak on a portion of the breathtaking and scenic Inside Passage. Board the Haines-Skagway Fast Ferry from Skagway for a scenic and narrated 45-minute ride to Haines. Upon your arrival to Haines, you will be greeted by your professional kayak guide for the ocean kayak trip of a lifetime.
Your 2-person kayaks will be set up on the beach waiting for you after a short 5-minute walk from the ferry pier. Your knowledgeable guide will choose from a variety of beautiful ocean paddles, depending on sea conditions and weather. Your guides will outfit you with a PFD (personal flotation device), spray skirt, and ponchos (if needed). After a safety briefing and equipment introduction and fitting, you are off and paddling.
You will be on the water for approximately 2 hours during this Skagway excursion. Look out for eagles, sea lions, seals, dall porpoise, humpback whales, and other marine wildlife along the journey. Your guide is an expert naturalist and will share their extensive knowledge about the fjord, marine wildlife, and local geography. Stop off at a remote beach to stretch your legs and take in the beautiful scenery of Southeast Alaska. Once off the water, stay on the beach to enjoy a waterside picnic-style lunch.
Take a short walk from here back to the ferry and the transfer back to Skagway, where you will be taken back to your ship.
Please Note: If ocean conditions are unsuitable, the tour will move to Chilkoot Lake, which is a 30-minute ride along the Chilkoot River. The lake is surrounded by mountains with alpine waterfalls and salmon spawning beds.