Pompeii and Amalfi Coast
- Embark on a fascinating archaeological experience at Pompeii's ruins, devastated by Mount Vesuvius
- Travel along the stunning Bay of Naples to reach the picturesque seaside city of Amalfi
- Enjoy 90 minutes of independent exploration in Amalfi - dine, shop, or wander the medieval streets to fully experience this beautiful city
- Visit the Cathedral of Saint Andrew, a 9th-century church with elements of Baroque, Byzantine, Gothic, and Romanesque styles
- Don't miss out on this tour of the world's largest archaeological site and the stunning Amalfi Coast
Pompeii and Amalfi Coast Shore Trip
Once a thriving empire, Pompeii was devastated by the eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79 AD when 30 feet of volcanic ash and pumice stone blanketed the city.
Your journey through this famous archaeological site begins as you are picked up by your guide and driven towards Mount Vesuvius. Once at Pompeii you will enter through one of the ancient gates and make your way to the Forum, the city's economic, religious and political hub. While here, take a few minutes to admire the remnants of iconic columns, once-lavish porticos and more that surround the square. During your guided Pompeii and Amalfi Coast shore excursion, you will walk by travertine streets and see the mansions and art of the wealthier residents who moved to Pompeii to escape the turmoil in Rome.
Your tour continues with a scenic ride along the Bay of Naples to the picturesque seaside city of Amalfi. Situated at the mouth of a deep gorge, this city was a naval power center in the middle ages and today is a popular holiday resort.
Upon arrival you will have 90 minutes to see Amalfi on your terms! Relax with a sumptuous lunch, stroll along narrow medieval streets, collect photos for your wall or simply shop till you drop.
Architectural lovers will want to make their way up a flight of 60 steps to visit the impressive Cathedral of Saint Andrew. This 9th century church has elements of Baroque, Byzantine, Gothic, and Romanesque stylings and boasts 11th century bronze doors by Constantinople.
Alternatively, you can take a boat ride up the Amalfi Coast for an additional fee before your return ride back to Port Salerno.
Book this tour now to explore the world's largest archaeological site and visit the stunning Amalfi Coast.
Please Note: Your 8 hour tour includes guide and transportation. Entrance fees to Pompeii are additional. Guests must be able to walk for a period of time unassisted and on uneven ground at times. No wheelchair access.