Santiago City Tour (Post Cruise)
- Chile's vibrant history comes alive on our post-cruise tour, exploring iconic sites like La Moneda. Act fast to secure your spot!
- Enjoy the stunning landscapes from San Antonio to Santiago during this 90-minute journey.
- Experience Santiago from the awe-inspiring viewpoint of historic Santa Lucia Hill, the second highest peak in the city.
- Explore the wealthier parts of Santiago and discover unique local jewelry like lapis lazuli, only found in Afghanistan and Chile.
- Finish your cruise on a high note with our seamless transfer to either the Santiago airport or a centrally located hotel.
City Tour of Santiago (Post Cruise)
After your cruise, but before you leave Santiago, don't miss seeing the capital of Chile on this enticing post-cruise Santiago City tour.
Departing from your cruise ship in San Antonio, you will make the approximate one-hour and thirty-minute drive to Santiago. Once there, you will tour Santiago and visit its old areas like Estacion Central (one of the three Eiffel buildings in Chile) and Club Hipico, the main horse track that was inspired in the French Longchamps.
From there it's on to the Government Palace, La Moneda, where the walking portion of this tour will commence. A walk around La Moneda or the opportunity to see the changing of the guard ceremony in front of it (depending on the weekday), will be the beginning of the highlights of the civic and historical center of this capital city. Other interesting sites you will see during this walk are the Governor's Hall, the stock exchange, the main walking streets, Plaza de Armas, the City Hall building, the Post Office, the Metropolitan Cathedral, the former site of Congress and some "coffee with legs."
Next on your tour of Santiago, you'll head to the second highest peak of the capital, Santa Lucia Hill, where you will enjoy the most amazing view of Santiago Valley. Besides offering a panoramic view of Santiago, Santa Lucia Hill is also a historic site. It was ascended in 1541 by Pedro de Valdivia and this is where he decided to found the capitol of Chile.
The Santiago city tour will proceed uptown to the wealthy areas of the city, where you may stop at one of the best handicraft shops in town to see lapis lazuli, a semi-precious stone which is found only in Afghanistan and Chile. If you wish you may have lunch (at your own expense) at Donde Augusto, one of the best seafood restaurants in Santiago, located inside the Central Market.
The tour will then bring you to the Santiago airport or your centrally located hotel in Santiago.
Please Note: This tour is for passengers ending their cruise in San Antonio. This tour of Santiago will begin at the cruise ship and will end at either the airport in Santiago or a hotel in the central Santiago area. If you are on a flight from Santiago on the same day of the tour, your flight must be scheduled to depart Santiago airport after 5:00 PM.