- Explore the historic city of Hobart, known for its quaint cottages and Georgian mansions, with an expert guide
- Wander through Salamanca Place, filled with restored sandstone warehouses
- Visit the Cascade Gardens at the foot of the historic Cascade Brewery
- Step back in time at the ruins of the Female Factory, a former prison for female convicts
- Don't miss out on the stunning views of Mount Wellington from the Rosny Park Lookout
Welcome to Hobart, a city of yachts and spinnakers, gardens and galleries, sandstone cottages and stately Georgian homes, a city built on the pain and toil of yesteryear English convicts.
Your tour of Hobart begins as you join an experienced and knowledgeable local driver guide, who will share tales of life in the city. Pass through Salamanca Place with its restored sandstone warehouses, now repurposed as cafes, galleries and shops. Continue then through Battery Point, an area filled with historic quaint cottages, Georgian mansions and cafes.
Proceed on through the suburb of South Hobart to the Cascade Gardens at the foot of the historic Cascade Brewery building. View the outside of this unique example of early architecture in a lovely garden setting. Your next stop in this tour of Hobartis at the ruins of the Female Factory, a one-time prison for female convicts and mentioned in Bryce Courtenay's novel, "The Potato Factory."
Your journey returns to the city streets before heading across the Tasman Bridge, which spans the Derwent River and stops at Rosny Park Lookout. Views of Hobart from the Eastern Shore with Mount Wellington as a backdrop make for a great photo opportunity. The next stop will allow you free time to explore the exquisite Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens, before returning to the Hobart CIty waterfront and your ship.
See our FAQ for more information