Private Ancient Luxor Tour
- Immerse yourself in the ancient world with a private tour of Luxor, visiting iconic sites like Karnak Temple and Hatshepsut Temple.
- Enjoy personalized attention from an expert English-speaking Egyptologist guide, traveling with an intimate small group.
- Take advantage of the included amenities - transportation, bottled water, and authentic Egyptian lunch - all part of your exclusive Luxor adventure.
- Rest easy with our industry-leading guarantees, including a return-to-ship promise and satisfaction guarantee, for a stress-free, memorable experience.
- Don't hesitate - book now for this once-in-a-lifetime, private exploration of ancient Luxor. Ensure your spot before it sells out!
Private Ancient Luxor Tour
It's just you and a small group with a dedicated tour guide as you visit the famous attractions in and around Luxor.
Your adventure starts when you are personally greeted at the port by your English speaking Egyptologist guide who will take you to an air-conditioned vehicle for an approximately 3-hour ride out to Luxor. Admire the scenery as your guide shares stories and points out items of interest. See the famous Karnak Temple, a vast open-air museum filled with decaying temples, chapels, and pylons. Built between the Middle Kingdom and the Greco Roman Kingdom, Karnak is the second largest ancient religious site in the world and has four sections (one which is open to the public). Take a selfie with Hypostyle Hall, a gigantic hall area containing 134 massive columns ranging in height from 10 to 21 meters.
Stop at a nearby restaurant for authentic Egyptian food then head to the West Bank of the Nile River to see the colossal statues of Amenhotep III (Colossi of Memnon). These 18-meter tall twin statues depict the 14th century Pharaoh and were built to guard Amenhotep's memorial temple. Travel to the Valley of the Kings where 63 tombs and chambers hold ancient kings and privileged royals. Carved deep into the desert rock, these tombs were richly outfitted with decorations and treasures for the departed to use in the afterlife. Your final stop will be at Hatshepsut Temple, a massive, multi-terraced temple is situated beneath the looming cliffs at El Deir El Bahary. This ancient funerary shrine was dedicated to Hatshepsut, the only female Pharoah. From there you will be escorted back to your ship.
Book this tour now for this exclusive, private step back into ancient Luxor.
Please Note: This 13-hour tour includes transportation, bottled water, and lunch. Guests must be able to climb steps and walk. Collapsible wheelchair/walkers permitted; mobile-impaired guests must have a companion to assist. If you do not have a wheelchair one can be provided for a fee. You will need an Egyptian visa. Passengers will be granted an Egyptian visa by the cruise line. Some of the cruise lines include the visa within the cruise package. However, if a visa was not included in your cruise package, you may purchase one directly onboard. The cost varies anywhere from $15-$25 US per person depending on the cruise line. For more information, please click HERE.